Wedding Day Tips
Ann's Tips for a Hassle-Free Wedding Day
1. Plan to do nothing but get ready on the day of the wedding.
2. Let someone else do the decorating and run errands.
3. If your house is going to be a mad house, stay somewhere else.
4. Be ready on time: that will start everything off smoothly.
5. Prepare a detailed outline of all events surrounding the wedding and give it to the wedding party and family. Include a map if necessary.
6. Eat something before the ceremony - a small can of juice and crackers, or a muffin.
7. Break in wedding shoes prior to the big day.
8. Practice walking and turning in your dress so you don't trip over the train.
9. Make sure someone (an attendant) knows how to bustle the skirt.
10. Make sure to move your engagement ring to your right hand before the ceremony and back to your left afterwards.
11. Have an emergency kit.
12. Delegate someone to handle last minute details - a friend or your wedding consultant who knows how you want your wedding to be.
13. Apply perfume and makeup before dressing.
14. Check parking space to see that it is adequate. Anticipate community activities that may interfere with travel, such as a fair or parade.
15. Check for mirrors, hangers, etc. in the dressing room.
16. Have bridal party sign the guest book at the rehearsal.
17. Confirm dates and times with all wedding professionals by telephone the week before the wedding.
18. Remember, even after careful planning, some things are bound to go wrong. Try to keep everything in perspective by remembering the whole purpose of all your hard work is to get married - the rest is fluff. If something should go wrong, remember it will be that memory that you will laugh at in the years that follow.
Mother of the Bride
Wedding Day Tips
Women's Order Form